Better care for babies in the home by empowering parents with the right information at the right time.
As a future father, I couldn’t imagine putting my baby boy to sleep without knowing he was okay. There’s technology to tell us everything else–why not what’s most important?
When my wife and I got married we knew we wanted kids. The moment my wife and I decided to have kids, I was concerned about the potential of a hereditary heart condition that could impact our children. When my wife was an infant, she nearly passed away in her crib but my mother-in-law’s intuition led her to check on her. My wife was found lifeless in her crib and was rushed to the hospital for lifesaving, open-heart surgery. I knew I didn’t want to rely on my intuition alone. With the advances in today’s technology, I knew there had to be a better way to watch over our infants while they slept. It blew my mind that we had the technology to tell me practically everything, except for what was most important to me as a parent. Is my child okay? During the last five years, I’ve dedicated my time and energy to creating a safer world for infants and a better quality of life for parents.
- Owlet Founded Co-founders begin work on in-home infant pulse oximeter.
- Company Moves to NYC to participate in TechStars.
- First Beta Units Created We successfully miniaturize pulse oximeters.
- Technology Passes Clinical Accuracy Tests
- First Product Ships We start distributing Smart Sock units to users.
- 15 Billion Heart Beats monitored in the first few months.
- Stories Begin Pouring In Parents report notifications enabling them to help infants sooner when they are in distress.
- First Foundation Started We offer to match donations and work to make monitors more widely available.
- Clinical Team Kicks off Study in conjunction with a health insurance provider to see if costs can be reduced with in-home monitoring.
- “Best Startup of CES" Award
- 1 Billion Heart Beats in a Single Night are tracked by users.
- Owlet Launches Internationally
- We Are Here
Every parent, new and expecting, has access to better tools to care for their baby in the home.
We partner with foundations dedicated to helping families in need. Find out more below.